Sunday, October 12, 2008

Travel Notes

Time to document some of the constant traveling I have been doing. It has been a great diversion and quite productive too. Whether it has been to Portland and the beautiful drive to the Oregon shore or back to Buffalo to visit family or Hawaii II have made maybe four trips up to Yachats, Oregon and its been a tough and expensive transformation but it is beautiful and we are very proud of the finished product. You can view pictures at www.yachats-vacation-rental.com or at www.vrbo.com/199593
Currently I am doing a 10 day trip to visit the kids at their respective colleges and my parents. Friday I flew to Madison and took Casey and 7 of his hungry friends to a steak dinner. The next day, Casey had made tee times and we had a little mini-scramble tournament. The weather was an unseasonably warm 80 degrees in Madison, Wisconsin and the leaves were just beginning to turn reds and golds. Casey and I lost by a stroke but I had the added handicap of playing with a set of borrowed clubs. Saturday night was a first as I attended the Wisconsin- Penn football game (my first college football game). It was quite the event, the whole city turned out in red, and tailgaters with big screen TVs and satellite dishes. It was a terrible loss for the Badgers but I enjoyed the game and got to hear the antics of the student section.
Casey is doing well in Madison, his business Straight2Your Door is up and running. School is going well and he is graduating in May. Look forward to going back. He is probably spending some of the summer until he has someone to take over the business. It is a beautiful city and I will definitely come visit again and play more golf.
Now I am off to Buffalo, Olean specifically and a visit to my family before flying to Boulder and visiting Marissa for Family Weekend. I will see my second college game next weekend. Counting the days also until I leave on my cruise. I leave for Barcelona on the October 27 and an 11 day cruise (by myself) that ends in Lisbon. But I will continue to blog about my travels and the cruise. Now it is on the family gathering in Olean and some Beef on Wick.

2 comments:

sue said...

Karen...I am so excited for you to go on the cruise! I know you are going to have a wonderful time, meet some great people and come back and shower us with stories that will make us all want to do the same...

It was great seeing you at my play and your support meant the world to me...you looked beautiful, and I would be honored to 'pat you on the back'. You go, girl. You're doing everything right. Now, stop and smell the roses cuz' they're blooming all around you!
xoxo sue

Go4it said...

I work for HomeAway and am glad to hear your stay at a VRBO.com property was such a success! Because you had such a good experience, I thought you may be interested in the contest we are hosting for bloggers in which you could win a $5000 stay in the HomeAway rental of your choice. Visit blog.homeaway.com to find out more.